Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Useful Resources

Out of Hours

The practice does not provide cover outside of our core hours (Monday to Friday 8am - 6.30pm), this is arranged by NHS England.

If you need urgent medical attention in the night, at weekends or during public holidays, you should telephone 111.

You may be given telephone advice, invited to the out-of-hours Primary Care Centre where there are excellent facilities for treating most illnesses, or visited by a doctor if necessary. As with daytime visits, these should only be requested when you are too ill to attend the centre and not due to lack of transport! It is unlikely that the emergency doctor will be your own doctor. The Out of Hours Centre is not a walk-in centre and you must make telephone contact before you attend.

Please note: try to contact us during the day. Out-of-hours calls are strictly for medical emergencies only!

If the surgery is closed at any other time, for example, Tuesday afternoons or for staff meetings, our answer machine will give details of the number you need to ring for urgent attention.

For dental emergencies and dental pain please contact your dentist or telephone NHS 111 on 111.

If a patient is expected to die in the near future, providing we have consent we will send some information to the out-of-hours doctor so that they are aware of such patients and their families' wishes and to ensure that appropriate medication is available.

NHS 111

You should call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation. There are plans to replace our out-of-hours number with the 111 number.

Emergency Hospital Services

If you need an emergency ambulance, ring 999. Cases of severe injury / illness requiring a blue light ambulance will usually be taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital. If you have an urgent, but less serious injury or illness which cannot be dealt with by a GP you should go to the Urgent Care Centre at either Burnley General Hospital, off Briercliffe Road or the Royal Blackburn Hospital (next to the A&E department). Both units are staffed every day around the clock by senior doctors and nurses.

Plans are currently afoot to allow NHS staff working from these services limited access to your medical records – you will be asked for your consent first. Please ask the practice manager if you would like more information.

Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away!
Private physiotherapist in Lancaster